- “I have been Headmaster of Naima JPS since September 2008 and have had various dealings with the management and staff at The Elms. At all times, they have been very professional and accommodating and I have been impressed with the quality of the staff who teach PE and Games at the school.
We recently had an Independent Schools Inspection and the PE lessons were seen to be outstanding! I have been in discussion with the management to discuss future plans and timetabling and have always been treated courteously and efficiently and reaching agreement over terms and conditions was very straightforward.
I would strongly recommend The Elms to other schools or educational establishments.”
- “When the time came to change our PPA provider, our priority was an efficient, professional service that helped us to deliver the highest quality curriculum. The Elms has delivered all of this… We will certainly be continuing our relationship with The Elms and I recommend them whole-heartedly.”
St Andrews C.E. Primary School, Enfield
- “There are so many positive things to say about The Elms organization that it is hard to know where to start! The office set up was like clockwork and Angie is always on the ball and super organized. We love Coach Michael! He has an amazing rapport with the children and is admired and respected by all who work with him. He is a full member of our team!”
Ms Lindsey Woodford
St Saviour’s C of E Primary School, Maida Vale
- “Our sports coach is thoroughly professional and reliable and crucially, a committed member of our team. He teaches all age ranges and co-ordinates an after school activities club with great flexibility. In addition to teaching, our coach also assesses pupil progress in order to report to parents.”
Holy Trinity School
- “My son Alex started the football session at Grimsdyke School this term, more than a little reluctant. Elms staff were very accommodating to us and the young coach, Gary, has been wonderful with Alex, as with all the other children. He has much energy and enthusiasm, which has rubbed off on and inspired Alex. We are so pleased that Alex is involved in a healthy, fun, social activity with his peers and owe much of our gratitude to Garyâ€™s patience and encouragement.”
- “We use The Elms within the PE/Games curriculum and as extra-curricular sports coaches. The coaches are always on time and courteous. They respond to the needs of the pupils and set a good example. The office staff are always willing to help and set out to be flexible and reliable at all times. I am very impressed with all aspects of the service they provide.”
Aldenham Prep School
- “Our sports coaches are enthusiastic, reliable and always on time. They provide a positive role model to our children and our pupils respond well to the coaches sessions..”
Acting Deputy Head
Highbury Quadrant Primary School
- “May I take the opportunity of thanking you and all at The Elms. The clubs were very well run and I would like to compliment everyone on their efficient administration process and the professionalism of all your coaches..”
Extended Schools Co-ordinator
CH Unite Cluster
- “We at Clore Shalom are very happy with The Elms. We find their office staff helpful at all times and their sports coaches a joy to have in school. They support the children wonderfully and give awards and certificates fairly to all, which builds confidence. Gideon Josephs is particularly popular with the children & staff alike and we feel he is a genuine asset to The Elms. “
Clore Shalom School
- “The Elms have been conducting after school activities at Mount Stewart Infant School since September 2006. Pupils love the after school activities provided by The Elms. The number of activities has increased from 3 to 5. Elms also conduct lunchtime sports clubs and PPA cover for our staff”
Mount Stewart Infant School
- “Elms Sport in Schools are fantastic at Aldenham School. They are extremely organised, always prompt and have excellent equipment. James organises the children well and is able to set expectations of behaviour. The children really enjoy both the tennis and sports competitions. “
Year 6 Class Teacher
Aldenham Prep School
- “We are very happy with all aspects of The Elms. The children are enjoying the sessions and we have had great feedback from parents. After the first session the boys said it was ‘awesome’. They really enjoy being taught by Steven who is very pleasant and punctual. We hope he enjoys teaching at Holy Trinity. “
Holy Trinity School
- “As a school we have found The Elms to be an excellent resource. They are organised, friendly, helpful and extremely flexible in meeting children’s additional needs. The coaches have an excellent relationship with the children and respond to staff requests quickly. They have an effective behaviour management system which supports the children well. “
Field End Infant School
- “Elms Sport in Schools provide us with two coaches everyday. They are fun for the kids and provide a great service. In particular, Shayne, Steven, Alex and Tommy have got to know the children really well and we always look forward to their daily appearance. “
Senior Midday Supervisor
William Tyndale School
- “We have been using Elms coaches since January 2010 to cover our PPA time. I have been delighted with the lessons our children have been taught. All our children love their sports lessons and look forward to them.
The Elms coaches are always on time, totally reliable and have fitted right into our school. “
Chestnuts Primary School
- “St Peter’s has used The Elms for after school clubs for a number of years and as of Sept ’09 we have had one full days PE teaching per week from Shane Murphy. Five of our classes receive an hour’s lesson weekly from Shane and we have noticed a greater calibre of teaching and resources used for PE since September. Thorough planning is provided by The Elms which allows for good progression across the year groups and the children’s enjoyment of the lesson has increased with a specialist at the helm. “
St Peter’s School
- “We started working with Elms Sport in September 2009 to provide PPA cover for class teachers. During that time we have been impressed with the level of service provided by The Elms – from the quality of the sports coaching to the professionalism of staff at all levels. There is good communication between The Elms and the school so that any issues have been resolved promptly and effectively.
Sam Hurrell works with us on three afternoons per week, providing a games programme for Years 3-6. He has developed an excellent rapport with both staff and pupils and communicates well with the PE Co-ordinator to ensure the curriculum requirements are met.
The children really enjoy their games lessons and look forward to them. Sam has devised his own points system of feedback to pupils and staff which really helps the partnership he has with the class teachers and actually leads to a little competitiveness between the teachers!!
Sam has an excellent rapport with the children and is always well prepared for the coaching sessions. He is a valued member of our team and we really appreciate the way he looks for new ways to motivate the children such as his ‘Player of the Week’ certificates. “
Sparrow Farm Junior School
- “It was nice to receive a letter from a parent recently, thanking our school for engaging the services of such a good quality sports specialist to raise the profile of sport within the school! “
Whitehall Primary School
- “Just to say a huge thank you to The Elms Coaches for helping at our Summer Fair on Saturday. They worked tirelessly and we had great feedback from parents and other members of the community on how well they organised, included and enthused the very many children of all ages and abilities. With much appreciation! “
William Tyndale Primary School
- “Our Summer Camp has been so well received and this would not be the case without all your hard work, encouragement and enthusiasm. What a fab first year of summer Camp! Here’s to many more years to come!! Thank you very much”
The Willows School
- “I have been informed by the carer of a Hillingdon young man Joshua, that the activities have been structured and fun for attendees. That praise and behaviour managment has been obvious and staff are professional in their approach. I therefore thank you for hosting the 2 week activity Camp”
In the Spirit Ltd
- “The Elms have been providing us with tennis lessons in the lunchtime slot for the past 16 years. Their professionalism has always impressed me and they have certainly made the communication and organisation side of things very easy to manage. The courses have been very popular with our girls â€“ The Elms seem to get the balance just right between teaching technique, playing games and having fun. I would like to thank them for their input and I look forward to many more years working together”
Director of Sport
North London Collegiate School
- “I just want to say what a fantastic partnership we have with The Elms. You have provided high quality sporting coaching for the school. The PPA cover is fantastic and Year 6 are complaining that we are not offering it this year. The after school clubs are a valuable resource for the school. Whenever I am in school for the holidays I can always hear the children’s happy voices in the Holiday Club. Grimsdyke would be a boring place without The Elms! Thank You!”
- “We are extremely pleased with your coaches, the feedback from my staff has been very positive.”
Golders Hill School
North West London
- “Just to say a big thank you for your support in providing us with further paperwork for our PE curriculum – and of course for coach Marc. We received an overall verdict of ‘Outstanding’ for our survey inspection programme on physical education yesterday, Many thanks again!”
Previous Head Teacher
St Edwards Primary School
- “I wanted to let you know that I was so impressed with the level of PE occuring in the playground on Monday afternoon being delivered by Sam and Troy. They were teaching Year 5 and the quality and organization of the session was very high. Children were highly engaged and the coaches had differentiated the skills and activities that the children were undertaking to a very high level. It was some of the best PE that I have seen in 10 years!”
Deputy Head Teacher
Addison Primary School
- “What a fabulous resource Elms Sport in Schools can be for PE teachers! I’ll keep you in mind for extra curricula clubs and coaching for next year”
Acting Head of Physical Education Head Teacher
St Mary’s School
- “We have been very pleased with the tennis coaching and the progress & enjoyment of the children. The coaches have been very organised with an excellent programme. They have also had very good control of the whole class”
St Andrews School
- “I just wanted to let you know how much my daughter Honor Pullman enjoyed going to the holiday club at Holy Trinity School in Richmond last week.
The two coaches – sorry, I don’t know their names – were brilliant. I was expecting her to say she didn’t want to stay all day after the first session (that’s happened before at other holiday camps) but she loved all the activities and thought the coaches were very nice and very funny.
At the end of her final day she came home saying “I’ve had a smile on my face all day!”. Isn’t that great. Please pass on my appreciation to the coaches who do a tremendous job.”
Mrs Murray (Parent),
Holy Trinity, Richmond
- “Thanks. your company keeps impressing me.”
Hazelbury Infant School
- “Can you please pass on our heartfelt thanks to your coach Ricky. He always does an amazing job, but he really pulled out all the stops during our Ofsted inspection and we are so very grateful.”
- “Firstly I want to thank you for providing Alexis as our Tag Rugby coach. He really coached the children well and although we lost yesterday’s match 13-14, they were a credit to him and your company! Over the weeks I have seen the children become more competent in skills and match play so please thank him for everything.
As you know I am retiring soon, I shall really miss being in contact with you and your wonderfully professional company. I have constantly told the Head how good you all are and I hope she maintains our connection.”
Alban Wood School, Watford
- “My name is Michael Petrovic and I am the PE Co-ordinator for Hillingdon Primary School. For this past academic year I have been working with your coaches Jon and Chris in P.E. lessons. Both have impressed me with their professionalism and how well they relate with the children. I just wanted to pass this on to you. I sincerely hope to continue to work with both Jon and Chris in September.”
Hillingdon Primary School, Hillingdon
- “My children have just got back from a fantastic time at your holiday sports camp. I originally just had them booked in for Monday and Friday, but they had such a good time on Monday, I went online and booked them in on Tuesday and Thursday as well.
Thanks ever so much, my children are already talking about when they can go next holiday!”
Ardley Hill Camp, Dunstable
- “My two sons George (8) and Max (5) enrolled in their first sports camp last week at Culvers House Primary with your coaches Mark and Alex.
I was a bit worried at first as this is the first time I have used a camp and only knew about this camp from a leaflet in my sons book bag from their own school (local to Culvers House Primary). I would not have know about this brilliant camp otherwise.
This is just to let you know how much they enjoyed it and how great they thought the camp was! They were upset that they couldnâ€™t stay longer!
Mark and Alex were fantastic with them and they came home absolutely shattered and worn out! I donâ€™t think I have ever seen them so tired( great job guys!)
Please pass my thanks onto them for making my sons feel so welcome and most of all for being so great with them.
I will be the first to book on again for August and have told friends in the area who are now interested in booking there children in. Thank you so much!”
Culvers House camp, Mitcham
- “My son has just completed a week of your Sport Camp (29th July â€“ 2nd August) at Ardley Hill in Dunstable.
I just wanted to say a massive thank you and to let you know what a fantastic time he had. The guys that ran it â€“ Devon, Amit and Steve â€“ were wonderful â€“ I really didnâ€™t anticipate how much he would enjoy it. In fact he really wanted to return this week but he had cub camp to go to! We will definitely be back next holiday. Thanks again”
Ardley Hill camp, Dunstable
- “I would like to take this opportunity to say what a fantastic job you and your team performed at our summer camp. The local children enjoyed the experience of so many different sports, with some excellent coaching from your boys. Please pass on my thanks to your team.”
Football Development Officer
Beavers Sports Lodge, Hounslow
- “My children attended camp at Stapleford Abbots and I just wanted to let you know that they both really enjoyed it. Both coaches were very courteous, friendly and extremely helpful. They made the children feel welcome and helped them to settle in very quickly by speaking to them on their level, showing them around and introducing them to the other children. The coaches were very informative to me about what would be happening as this was our first experience of the camp. I liked the fact that at the end of each day the coaches gave me feedback which I noticed was given to all parents. Please pass on our formal thanks and gratitude to both the coaches, they done a really great job and have represented The Elms very well.”
Stapleford Abbots Camp
- Hello Elms Sport in schools team,
I just want to say a thank you for the friendly and very positively encouraging coaches who were leading the club in Atwood Primary Academy in October half term 2014.
I had my two daughters in the club. One of them (6years old) loved it so much that I agreed to increase her hours on the last day. The older one (9years old) has always been quite hesitant to get involved in new things, especially in exercise. However, within a minute or two talking with the coaches my daughter said “This is better than I thought”. And she genuinely enjoyed the club from that first moment onwards.
So A BIG THANK YOU!
And Merry Christmas!”
Atwood Primary Camp
- I am writing to let you know how impressed I have been with Shaun teaching in school. He is great and has taught some wonderful lessons. He also has fantastic behaviour management strategies and all children have responded well to him.”
Ms Sam Adcock
Headteacher, St Peter’s Primary School
- My 10 year old daughter loved the Whitsun Holiday Camp run by The Elms at Thornton College. The staff were fabulous and managed to run activities which kept children from 5-12 all entertained. We have booked again for the Summer holidays and our daughter can’t wait to attend.”
Parent – Thornton College Camp
- “My two sons attended a 6 week course on Tuesdays afternoons. They were coached by Amit and Jack. These two coaches were both excellent. My boys have attended many sports clubs and these two coaches stood out by miles. They were so encouraging but also paid attention to detail to ensure the boys made genuine progress. They were observant about their technique and made it fun and seemed very caring and skilful. THANK YOU.”
- “My daughter, Blossom, attends the football course at Ashfield Junior School and absolutely loves it.
My husband and I are completely detached from the world of football and this is giving Blossom a whole new experience within her world.
The coaches (Ricky and Marc) are absolutely lovely – so encouraging and really make Blossom feel like she can do it!”
Ashfield Junior School
- “As always, the boys – Lee and Sam – have done very well this year. Romario has really developed and is a great asset in the playground.
Thanks to the others – Angel, Ricky and Adam for the Infant Sports Day yesterday, which ran to time and was very much appreciated by the parents”
- “Please pass this on to the team. A great sports day put on for us – parents and staff enjoyed it and, most importantly, the children loved it. Perfectly pitched, timed and lots of enthusiasm.
A big, big thank you and thanks to Jason for putting it together”
John Locke Academy
- “We have just completed the first half of the Holiday Club at Elmhurst and felt I had to drop you a quick line to thank you for the wonderful Gareth!
What a god send! I can not sing his praises high enough.
The boys have had such fun with him and we in turn have enjoyed watching the sports, in particular the cricket! The daily cricket match had us on the edge of our seats cheering and clapping!!
He coached children as young as three with patience and had such a lovely nature that all boys instantly loved him. Thank you for sending him!”
Ms Tracey Hipgrave
- “One of our parents was so impressed with Sean’s coaching skills at a football tournament yesterday, she said: “He stood out amongst other schools with his positive approach and fantastic words of encouragement towards the Moriah team, thus enabling them to do their best. He was fab!”
Sean is a highly professional, committed sports coach and we are thrilled to have him working at our School!”
Welcome To The Elms Holiday Programmes Ages 4-12 years
Where children come first
The Elms have been running non-residential Holiday Programmes since 1990.
Parents can rest assured that their children will have a wonderful time, learning new skills in an action packed sports programme.
Our professional staff are all fully qualified, DBS checked , First Aid qualified and thoroughly experienced in teaching young children. The Elms also have a Safeguarding Policy in place, to which all coaches adhere.
Children can enrol for a morning, afternoon, a full day or a whole week. If staying for a full day, children are required to bring a packed lunch and a refillable water bottle. (Lunchtimes are fully supervised)
Our coaches constantly monitor the children’s development, assessing and encouraging them to progress to new levels within the programme.
Daily/Weekly certificates awarded every day.
Limited Spaces – Book early to avoid disappointment