- “I have been Headmaster of Naima JPS since September 2008 and have had various dealings with the management and staff at The Elms. At all times, they have been very professional and accommodating and I have been impressed with the quality of the staff who teach PE and Games at the school.
We recently had an Independent Schools Inspection and the PE lessons were seen to be outstanding! I have been in discussion with the management to discuss future plans and timetabling and have always been treated courteously and efficiently and reaching agreement over terms and conditions was very straightforward.
I would strongly recommend The Elms to other schools or educational establishments.”
- “Our sports coach is thoroughly professional and reliable and crucially, a committed member of our team. He teaches all age ranges and co-ordinates an after school activities club with great flexibility. In addition to teaching, our coach also assesses pupil progress in order to report to parents.”
Holy Trinity School
- “As a school we have found The Elms to be an excellent resource. They are organised, friendly, helpful and extremely flexible in meeting children’s additional needs. The coaches have an excellent relationship with the children and respond to staff requests quickly. They have an effective behaviour management system which supports the children well. “
Field End Infant School
- “Elms Sport in Schools provide us with two coaches everyday. They are fun for the kids and provide a great service. In particular, Shayne, Steven, Alex and Tommy have got to know the children really well and we always look forward to their daily appearance. “
Senior Midday Supervisor
William Tyndale School
- “We started working with Elms Sport in September 2009 to provide PPA cover for class teachers. During that time we have been impressed with the level of service provided by The Elms – from the quality of the sports coaching to the professionalism of staff at all levels. There is good communication between The Elms and the school so that any issues have been resolved promptly and effectively.
Sam Hurrell works with us on three afternoons per week, providing a games programme for Years 3-6. He has developed an excellent rapport with both staff and pupils and communicates well with the PE Co-ordinator to ensure the curriculum requirements are met.
The children really enjoy their games lessons and look forward to them. Sam has devised his own points system of feedback to pupils and staff which really helps the partnership he has with the class teachers and actually leads to a little competitiveness between the teachers!!
Sam has an excellent rapport with the children and is always well prepared for the coaching sessions. He is a valued member of our team and we really appreciate the way he looks for new ways to motivate the children such as his ‘Player of the Week’ certificates. “
Sparrow Farm Junior School
- “It was nice to receive a letter from a parent recently, thanking our school for engaging the services of such a good quality sports specialist to raise the profile of sport within the school! “
Whitehall Primary School
- “Just to say a huge thank you to The Elms Coaches for helping at our Summer Fair on Saturday. They worked tirelessly and we had great feedback from parents and other members of the community on how well they organised, included and enthused the very many children of all ages and abilities. With much appreciation! “
William Tyndale Primary School
- “The Elms have been providing us with tennis lessons in the lunchtime slot for the past 16 years. Their professionalism has always impressed me and they have certainly made the communication and organisation side of things very easy to manage. The courses have been very popular with our girls â€“ The Elms seem to get the balance just right between teaching technique, playing games and having fun. I would like to thank them for their input and I look forward to many more years working together”
Director of Sport
North London Collegiate School
- “We are extremely pleased with your coaches, the feedback from my staff has been very positive.”
Golders Hill School
North West London
- “Just to say a big thank you for your support in providing us with further paperwork for our PE curriculum – and of course for coach Marc. We received an overall verdict of ‘Outstanding’ for our survey inspection programme on physical education yesterday, Many thanks again!”
Previous Head Teacher
St Edwards Primary School
- “I wanted to let you know that I was so impressed with the level of PE occuring in the playground on Monday afternoon being delivered by Sam and Troy. They were teaching Year 5 and the quality and organization of the session was very high. Children were highly engaged and the coaches had differentiated the skills and activities that the children were undertaking to a very high level. It was some of the best PE that I have seen in 10 years!”
Deputy Head Teacher
Addison Primary School
- “Can you please pass on our heartfelt thanks to your coach Ricky. He always does an amazing job, but he really pulled out all the stops during our Ofsted inspection and we are so very grateful.”
- “My name is Michael Petrovic and I am the PE Co-ordinator for Hillingdon Primary School. For this past academic year I have been working with your coaches Jon and Chris in P.E. lessons. Both have impressed me with their professionalism and how well they relate with the children. I just wanted to pass this on to you. I sincerely hope to continue to work with both Jon and Chris in September.”
Hillingdon Primary School, Hillingdon
- Hello Elms Sport in schools team,
I just want to say a thank you for the friendly and very positively encouraging coaches who were leading the club in Atwood Primary Academy in October half term 2014.
I had my two daughters in the club. One of them (6years old) loved it so much that I agreed to increase her hours on the last day. The older one (9years old) has always been quite hesitant to get involved in new things, especially in exercise. However, within a minute or two talking with the coaches my daughter said “This is better than I thought”. And she genuinely enjoyed the club from that first moment onwards.
So A BIG THANK YOU!
And Merry Christmas!”
Atwood Primary Camp
- I am writing to let you know how impressed I have been with Shaun teaching in school. He is great and has taught some wonderful lessons. He also has fantastic behaviour management strategies and all children have responded well to him.”
Ms Sam Adcock
Headteacher, St Peter’s Primary School
- “My two sons attended a 6 week course on Tuesdays afternoons. They were coached by Amit and Jack. These two coaches were both excellent. My boys have attended many sports clubs and these two coaches stood out by miles. They were so encouraging but also paid attention to detail to ensure the boys made genuine progress. They were observant about their technique and made it fun and seemed very caring and skilful. THANK YOU.”
- “My daughter, Blossom, attends the football course at Ashfield Junior School and absolutely loves it.
My husband and I are completely detached from the world of football and this is giving Blossom a whole new experience within her world.
The coaches (Ricky and Marc) are absolutely lovely – so encouraging and really make Blossom feel like she can do it!”
Ashfield Junior School
- “As always, the boys – Lee and Sam – have done very well this year. Romario has really developed and is a great asset in the playground.
Thanks to the others – Angel, Ricky and Adam for the Infant Sports Day yesterday, which ran to time and was very much appreciated by the parents”
- “Please pass this on to the team. A great sports day put on for us – parents and staff enjoyed it and, most importantly, the children loved it. Perfectly pitched, timed and lots of enthusiasm.
A big, big thank you and thanks to Jason for putting it together”
John Locke Academy
- “We have just completed the first half of the Holiday Club at Elmhurst and felt I had to drop you a quick line to thank you for the wonderful Gareth!
What a god send! I can not sing his praises high enough.
The boys have had such fun with him and we in turn have enjoyed watching the sports, in particular the cricket! The daily cricket match had us on the edge of our seats cheering and clapping!!
He coached children as young as three with patience and had such a lovely nature that all boys instantly loved him. Thank you for sending him!”
Ms Tracey Hipgrave
- “One of our parents was so impressed with Sean’s coaching skills at a football tournament yesterday, she said: “He stood out amongst other schools with his positive approach and fantastic words of encouragement towards the Moriah team, thus enabling them to do their best. He was fab!”
Sean is a highly professional, committed sports coach and we are thrilled to have him working at our School!”
- “Yesterday I had the pleasure of watching a selection of the Year 3 & 4 children playing football in the 5-a-side tournament in Mill Hill Power League. I promised my son that I would watch him and I had a really enjoyable time seeing the children happily playing in a healthy, competitive environment, yet always with smiles on their faces – irrespective of the end result. I observed how Lee communicated with the children with clarity and concision, and most importantly how well the children responded to him and listened to his instructions. Comparing Lee to some of the other coaches who were screaming at their players, Lee was always very calm and collected, albeit keen to see his team progress. With 100 children running around, I found the discipline and respect which the children had for Lee very admirable and felt I had to reflect this to you!”
Parent, Naima JPS, Maida Vale, January 2017
- “We just wanted to say thank you to Lemar and his colleague for the past 4 days at Parkside School in Chingford.
Our daughter has really enjoyed it and when we asked if she wanted to do the after school activity club you are running next term she was really enthusiastic so we have already signed her up for it.
If you are running a summer camp near us, we would be very much interested in receiving details.”
Parent, Parkside School, April 2017
- “I just wanted to share an observation: over the last few weeks, when I’ve walked through the playground during the Tuesday afternoon programme I’ve noticed that the football coach appears to have really excellent behaviour management.
He seems to notice a lot of low level disruptive behaviour, like spotting kids eating in places they’ve been told not to. Also he sets out clear consequences…Just now I saw him telling someone to take time out from the game because he hadn’t been listening. The kids seem to respect him and respond well to his approach.
I know over the years the football games during youth activities are often a flash point for behaviour problems as well as injuries. What is happening now seems a million miles from that.”
Finchley Reform Synagogue
- “Thank you so much for making Edison’s week the best! He absolutely loved it and it’s had a big impact on him. He’s excited every morning – so you do more than just a job, you’ve made a difference.”
Parent, Holy Trinity School, Wimbledon, April 2017
Welcome To The Elms Holiday Programmes Ages 4-12 years
Where children come first
The Elms have been running non-residential Holiday Programmes since 1990.
Parents can rest assured that their children will have a wonderful time, learning new skills in an action packed sports programme.
Our professional staff are all fully qualified, DBS checked , First Aid qualified and thoroughly experienced in teaching young children. The Elms also have a Safeguarding Policy in place, to which all coaches adhere.
Children can enrol for a morning, afternoon, a full day or a whole week. If staying for a full day, children are required to bring a packed lunch and a refillable water bottle. (Lunchtimes are fully supervised)
Our coaches constantly monitor the children’s development, assessing and encouraging them to progress to new levels within the programme.
Daily/Weekly certificates awarded every day.
Limited Spaces – Book early to avoid disappointment